Gina's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- chicken breasts - bone in, skin on
- 1 c
- celery, finely chopped
- 1 c
- carrots, finely chopped
- 1/2 c
- onion - finely minced
- 1 stalk(s)
- rosemary, fresh and chopped
- leaves of sage, fresh and chopped
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- enough water to cover chicken in large pot
- 26 oz
- chicken stock
- recipe of grandma's homemade noodles (another recipe that i have shared here)
How to Make Gina's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1In a large pot, cover chicken with water and bring to a boil.
- 2Add all ingredients, except noodles.
- 3Simmer for an hour, or until chicken is cooked through and the skin is falling off and the meat is pulling away from the bone.
- 4Remove chicken to a cutting board and remove all skin, bone and fatty parts. Chop chicken and return to pot.
- 5Add noodles and boil for 45 minutes to an hour, or until noodles are tender.
- 6NOTE: Once noodles are done, you can easily convert this into thick and creamy chicken and noodles by adding corn starch. I then serve that over hot mashed potatoes.