Gina's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
4chicken breasts - bone in, skin on
1 ccelery, finely chopped
1 ccarrots, finely chopped
1/2 conion - finely minced
1 stalk(s)rosemary, fresh and chopped
6leaves of sage, fresh and chopped
1handful of fresh parsley, chopped
2 clovegarlic, minced
·salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
·enough water to cover chicken in large pot
26 ozchicken stock
1recipe of grandma's homemade noodles (another recipe that i have shared here)
How to Make Gina's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- In a large pot, cover chicken with water and bring to a boil.
- Add all ingredients, except noodles.
- Simmer for an hour, or until chicken is cooked through and the skin is falling off and the meat is pulling away from the bone.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board and remove all skin, bone and fatty parts. Chop chicken and return to pot.
- Add noodles and boil for 45 minutes to an hour, or until noodles are tender.
- NOTE: Once noodles are done, you can easily convert this into thick and creamy chicken and noodles by adding corn starch. I then serve that over hot mashed potatoes.