Garlic Soup with Chicken1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1chicken, whole, disjointed
2celery stalks, diced
1garlic head, broken into cloves
·parsley, fresh and chopped
10garlic cloves, peeled
How to Make Garlic Soup with Chicken
- Make fresh chicken broth by simmering chicken, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper in enough water to cover.
- When chicken is thoroughly cooked, remove it and skim fat from broth.
- Simmer broth, reducing it until it is very rich.
- Remove unpeeled garlic cloves; squeeze cooked garlic from cloves and mash to make puree; discard skins.
- In frying pan, saute the 10 peeled cloves in butter; when lightly browned, add flour and small amount of broth and mix with a wire whisk until velvety.
- Pour this mixture into the remaining broth, add pureed garlic, and stir.
- Tear chicken into bite-sized pieces and add to the soup.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.