Garlic Soup with Chicken1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- chicken, whole, disjointed
- carrots, minced
- celery stalks, diced
- 1 large
- garlic head, broken into cloves
- parsley, fresh and chopped
- garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Garlic Soup with Chicken
- 1Make fresh chicken broth by simmering chicken, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper in enough water to cover.
- 2When chicken is thoroughly cooked, remove it and skim fat from broth.
- 3Simmer broth, reducing it until it is very rich.
- 4Remove unpeeled garlic cloves; squeeze cooked garlic from cloves and mash to make puree; discard skins.
- 5In frying pan, saute the 10 peeled cloves in butter; when lightly browned, add flour and small amount of broth and mix with a wire whisk until velvety.
- 6Pour this mixture into the remaining broth, add pureed garlic, and stir.
- 7Tear chicken into bite-sized pieces and add to the soup.
- 8Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.