Filipino Chicken Stew
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 lbboneless chicken thigh
1/2 cwhite vinegar
1/2 conion, chopped
5 Tbspsoy sauce
1 tspblack peppercorns, coarsely crushed
2 1/2 Tbspsugar
1/2 tspgarlic, minced
1/2 cfresh mushrooms, sliced
·salt to taste
·cilantro, chopped, optional
How to Make Filipino Chicken Stew
- Rinse chicken under cold water and pat dry. Cut into 1/2 inch thick pieces. Place aside in a thick pot.
- Make a marinade of vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, peppercorns, bay leaf, and 1/4 cup of the water and add this to the chicken in the pot. Let sit for about 1/2 hour stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, saute the onions in about 1 Tbsp. of oil until translucent and fragrant then put aside.
- Bring the pot of chicken and marinade to a boil and lower the heat. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes then add the mushrooms and remaining water.
- Once again bring to a boil and season with salt if necessary.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with hot rice.