Easy Crock Pot Tortilla Soup
1 mediumonion, chopped or 1c. frozen chopped onion
6 cchicken broth
2 csalsa, mild
1-2 lbchicken, boiled, skinless and shredded
2 cloveminced garlic
·olive oil or cooking spray to coat skillet
·salt and pepper, to taste
2 ccheddar cheese, shredded, for topping
1 pkgtortilla chips, crushed, or tortilla strips
How to Make Easy Crock Pot Tortilla Soup
- Boil chicken breasts, set aside to cool.
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil or cooking spray in a skillet until onions are translucent.
- In a Crock Pot, shred the chicken and add onion and garlic mixture, chicken broth, salt, pepper and salsa. (You can add more garlic at this step if you like)
- Simmer in Crock Pot on low 4-6 hours or 2-4 hours on high.
- Break up chips in bottom of individual bowls, spoon soup over chips, add cheese to taste and garnishes such as; Cheddar cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, minced onion, or minced jalapeno peppers.