Easy Crock Pot Tortilla Soup
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped or 1c. frozen chopped onion
- 6 c
- chicken broth
- 2 c
- salsa, mild
- 1-2 lb
- chicken, boiled, skinless and shredded
- 2 clove
- minced garlic
- olive oil or cooking spray to coat skillet
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded, for topping
- 1 pkg
- tortilla chips, crushed, or tortilla strips
How to Make Easy Crock Pot Tortilla Soup
- 1Boil chicken breasts, set aside to cool.
- 2Saute onion and garlic in olive oil or cooking spray in a skillet until onions are translucent.
- 3In a Crock Pot, shred the chicken and add onion and garlic mixture, chicken broth, salt, pepper and salsa. (You can add more garlic at this step if you like)
- 4Simmer in Crock Pot on low 4-6 hours or 2-4 hours on high.
- 5Break up chips in bottom of individual bowls, spoon soup over chips, add cheese to taste and garnishes such as; Cheddar cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, minced onion, or minced jalapeno peppers.