Cure-All Chicken Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 4 qt
- cold water
- 1 large
- turkey wing
- garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large
- yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- carrots, peeled and chopped
- parsnip, peeled and quartered
- turnip, peeled and quartered
- celery stalks cut in chunks
- 1/2 c
- parsley, fresh sprigs
- bay leaf
- 12 oz
How to Make Cure-All Chicken Soup
- 1Bring water to boil in a large soup pot; add whole chicken, turkey wing, garlic, onion, carrot, parsnip, celery, and bay leaf.
- 2Simmer about 3 hours, skimming fat from the top from time to time.
- 3Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper about 2 hours into the cooking.
- 4Fish out the bay leaf and discard.
- 5Lift all vegetables from the broth to a food processor fitted with a steel blade; puree and reserve.
- 6Remove the chicken, reserving the meat.
- 7Discard skin, bones, and the turkey wing.
- 8Return the chicken meat to the soup; raise to a simmer.
- 9Add noodles and cook until al dente.
- 10Add vegetable puree back to the soup and stir to mix thoroughly.
- 11Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper; serve warm.