Cure-All Chicken Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 qtcold water
6garlic cloves, crushed
1 largeyellow onion, peeled and sliced
2carrots, peeled and chopped
1parsnip, peeled and quartered
1turnip, peeled and quartered
2celery stalks cut in chunks
1/2 cparsley, fresh sprigs
How to Make Cure-All Chicken Soup
- Bring water to boil in a large soup pot; add whole chicken, turkey wing, garlic, onion, carrot, parsnip, celery, and bay leaf.
- Simmer about 3 hours, skimming fat from the top from time to time.
- Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper about 2 hours into the cooking.
- Fish out the bay leaf and discard.
- Lift all vegetables from the broth to a food processor fitted with a steel blade; puree and reserve.
- Remove the chicken, reserving the meat.
- Discard skin, bones, and the turkey wing.
- Return the chicken meat to the soup; raise to a simmer.
- Add noodles and cook until al dente.
- Add vegetable puree back to the soup and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper; serve warm.