Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
4 1/2 cchicken broth
2boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 pkgrice-a-roni long grain & wild rice
1/2 tspkosher salt
1/2 tspground black pepper
2 chalf and half
How to Make Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
- Combine broth, water, carrots, celery, chicken and rice (along with seasoning packet) in a large slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Take out chicken and shred with two forks and then add back into slow cooker.
- In a small bowl combine salt, pepper, and flour.
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour mixture by tablespoon to form a roux. Whisk in cream, a little at a time, until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Stir cream mixture into slow cooker and then let cook on low for 15 more minutes.