Country Herb Chicken & Dumplings
★★★★★ 1 vote5
How to Make Country Herb Chicken & Dumplings
- 1 package McCormick® Recipe Inspirations Country Herb Chicken & Dumplings which includes the following Spices:
3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Sage, Rubbed
1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic, Minced
1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Rosemary Leaves, crushed
1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Coarse Ground
3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Parsley Flakes
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
1/4 cup flour
3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
1 1/3 cups milk, divided
3 cups cubed cooked chicken
2 cups assorted frozen vegetables, unthawed
1 cup all-purpose baking mix
- 1. Melt butter in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened. Sprinkle with flour. Stir with whisk until mixture is well blended. Add broth, 1 cup of the milk and all of the Spices except Parsley; whisk until mixture is smooth.
2. Stir in chicken and vegetables. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium.
3. Mix baking mix and Parsley in medium bowl. Add remaining 1/3 cup of milk; mix well. Drop by spoonfuls onto chicken mixture. Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes. Cover. Cook 10 minutes longer.