Chicken Veloute Supreme Soup
This is a Todd English Recipe and the pic is his : )
- 2 t butter
- 4 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2-14.5 oz cans chicken broth
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 t fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tub philadelphia savory garlic cooking cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
How to Make Chicken Veloute Supreme Soup
- 1MELT butter in large saucepan. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 5 to 6 min. or until tender. Stir in flour; cook on low heat 15 min., stirring frequently. Meanwhile, heat broth in medium saucepan on medium heat. Add chicken; cook 6 to 7 min. or until done (165ºF). Remove chicken from broth; set aside.
- 2ADD broth gradually to mushrooms, stirring constantly; cook on medium heat 5 min. or until broth is thickened, stirring frequently. Chop chicken. Add to soup. Stir in cooking creme and rosemary; cook 2 to 3 min. or until heated through, stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3SERVE topped with bacon, if desired.