Chicken Tortilla Soup
1 1/2 cflour
1 pthalf and half
8 cchicken broth
1/4 tspwhite pepper (no more)
1 can(s)green chiles, mild (4 oz)
12 sprig(s)cilantro, fresh
8 ozmonterey jack cheese (grated)
3 cchicken or turkey, fine chopped
How to Make Chicken Tortilla Soup
- In large pot bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Combine water, flour, half & half, and white pepper in food processor. Mix well until smooth
- Add flour mixture slowly to broth, stirring constantly till it thickens.
- Combine green chiles, Ro-Tel, jalapenos, cilantro, and onion in food processor, chop until very fine.
- Add chopped pepper mixture and cubed Velveeta cheese to broth stirring constantly until cheese is melted.
- Add chicken or turkey, then heat till low boil stirring constantly.
- Serve over tortilla chips and sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese on top.