Chicken Stew with Roasted Balsamic Vegetables
4 cunpeeled cubed red potatoes
2 cwhole baby carrots
1 cchopped red onion
2 Tbspbalsamic vinegar
1 Tbspolive oil
1 clovegarlic , minced
1 1/2 tspdried thyme
1 1/2 tspdried rosemary
1 tspdried tarragon
1 csliced green beans
1/2 cdry white wine
6boneless skinless chicken breast halves , cut into 1 inch cubes
3 clow-fat chicken broth
How to Make Chicken Stew with Roasted Balsamic Vegetables
- Lightly grease a large roasting pan.
Add potatoes, carrots, onions, vinegar, oil, garlic, 1 tsp thyme, 1 tsp rosemary, tarragon, salt, and pepper.
- Roast, uncovered, at 425 degrees F for 30 minutes minimum, stirring after 15 minutes.
Add green beans and roast 10 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, put wine and balsamic vinegar with remaining thyme and rosemary into a large saucepan.
Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken cubes.
Reduce heat to medium-high.
Cook, uncovered, for about 12 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
- Add roasted vegetables to saucepan.
Stir in 2 1/2 cups broth.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour and remaining broth until no lumps remain.
Add to saucepan.
Cook for about 3 minutes, until stew is bubbly and thickened.
7 points per serving