Chicken Soup with Dumplings1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 small
- onion, minced
- 9 c
- chicken stock
- "just a pinch" of salt
- "just a pinch" of white pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
How to Make Chicken Soup with Dumplings
- 1In a large saucepan, melt the butter; add the onion and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 3 minutes.
- 2Stir in 8 cups of the chicken stock and bring to a simmer; season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- 3Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the remaining 1 cup stock with the thyme, nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a pinch of white pepper.
- 4Bring to a boil over high heat; remove from the heat and beat in the flour until thoroughly blended.
- 5Let the mixture cool slightly, then beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- 6Drop tablespoons of the dumpling mixture into the simmering soup and cook until the dumplings begin to firm, about 5 minutes.
- 7Remove from the heat, cover the saucepan and set aside to steam the dumplings for 3 minutes before serving.