Chicken Soup with Dumplings1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 smallonion, minced
9 cchicken stock
·"just a pinch" of salt
·"just a pinch" of white pepper
1 call purpose flour
How to Make Chicken Soup with Dumplings
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter; add the onion and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in 8 cups of the chicken stock and bring to a simmer; season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the remaining 1 cup stock with the thyme, nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a pinch of white pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; remove from the heat and beat in the flour until thoroughly blended.
- Let the mixture cool slightly, then beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Drop tablespoons of the dumpling mixture into the simmering soup and cook until the dumplings begin to firm, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, cover the saucepan and set aside to steam the dumplings for 3 minutes before serving.