- 1 or 2 lb
- chicken gizzards, cleaned
- chicken, however much fits in your pot
- 4 large
- carrots, cut into coins
- 4 or5
- celery stalks, chopped
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 large
- onion, diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tsp
- 2 tsp
- chicken bouillon granules
How to Make Chicken soup
- 1I clean my gizzards and put them in a pressure cooker and put enough water to cover them. I cook for about 1 hour, then add them and the water they cooked in to the pot you are going to cook the soup in.
- 2add chicken pieces and enough water to cover the chicken in your soup pot.
- 3add onions and garlic and simmer until chicken is just about done, remove chicken from pot with a slotted spoon.
(skim gunk from soup as it cooks)
- 4add everything else to pot and simmer while you remove the bones and skin from chicken. Add chicken back to pot and heat through . Serve over rice or noodles. and lots of buttered saltines on the side.
I put a lot of chicken because otherwise they pick all the meat out and I'm left with vegtable soup.
(you can add peas or green beans, or any other vegtables you like)