Chicken & Pasta Chowder1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3chicken breasts, boneless and skinless cut in 1" pieces
2minced garlic cloves
2 can(s)chicken broth
1 tspdried basil
3/4 crotini pasta
1 pkgfrozen broccoli, carrots, cauliflower
4 cskim milk
1/2red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cparmesan, freshly grated
How to Make Chicken & Pasta Chowder
- Spray nonstick dutch oven or large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat over medium heat until hot.
- Add chicken, onion and garlic; cook 4-6 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in broth, basil and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add rotini; cook over medium-high heat for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place frozen vegetables in colander or strainer; rinse with warm water until thawed.
- Drain well.
- In small bowl, combine 1 cup of the milk and flour; blend well.
- Stir vegetables, milk mixture, remaining 3 cups milk and bell pepper into rotini mixture.
- Bring just to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook 3-5 minutes or until soup thickens and vegetables and pasta are tender, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, ladle chowder into 6 individual soup bowls. Sprinkle each with cheese.