Chicken & Pasta Chowder1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless cut in 1" pieces
- chopped onion
- minced garlic cloves
- 2 can(s)
- chicken broth
- 1 tsp
- dried basil
- 1/2 tsp
- 3/4 c
- rotini pasta
- 1 pkg
- frozen broccoli, carrots, cauliflower
- 4 c
- skim milk
- 1/2 c
- red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 c
- parmesan, freshly grated
How to Make Chicken & Pasta Chowder
- 1Spray nonstick dutch oven or large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Heat over medium heat until hot.
- 3Add chicken, onion and garlic; cook 4-6 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 4Stir in broth, basil and salt.
- 5Bring to a boil.
- 6Add rotini; cook over medium-high heat for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Meanwhile, place frozen vegetables in colander or strainer; rinse with warm water until thawed.
- 8Drain well.
- 9In small bowl, combine 1 cup of the milk and flour; blend well.
- 10Stir vegetables, milk mixture, remaining 3 cups milk and bell pepper into rotini mixture.
- 11Bring just to a boil, stirring frequently.
- 12Reduce heat to medium; cook 3-5 minutes or until soup thickens and vegetables and pasta are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 13To serve, ladle chowder into 6 individual soup bowls. Sprinkle each with cheese.