Chicken Noodle Soup
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1Whole Chicken (about 4 pounds)
1 cChopped Onions
1 cChopped Celery
2 TbspParsley Flakes
2 can(s)Cream Style Corn
2 can(s)Whole Kernal Corn
5Chicken Flavored Boulion Cube (or 5 TSP of Chicken Granuales)
1 pkgEgg Noodles ( like to use Medium)
·Salt and Pepper to Taste
How to Make Chicken Noodle Soup
- In a large soup pan, cover the Chicken with 7 cups of Water or enough to cover the chicken completely. Add the Bay Leaves. Bring to a boil and simmer for an hour to an hour and a half or until the chicken starts coming off the bone.
- Remove the Chicken from the broth and throw away the Bay Leaves. Cool the chicken and then remove it from the bone. Cut it into cubes and set it aside.
- Strain the Chicken Broth to remove the skin, fat and bones. Return it to the burner and add the onions and the celery. Bring it to a boil and cook until the onions are clear and the celery is soft.
- Add all the Corn, the Chicken Boulion and the Parsley Flakes. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the Egg Noodles. Simmer until the Noodles are Al Dente. (remember they will continue to cook as the warm soup sets)
- Add the Chicken. Simmer just long enough to make sure the chicken is hot, then remove from heat.