Chicken, Noodle, & Corn Soup
- 1 lb
- boned chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 5 c
- chicken stock
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 3/4 c
- dried vermicelli
- 1 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- 6 oz
- whole kernal corn
- salt and pepper
- finely chopped scallions, to garnish (optional)
How to Make Chicken, Noodle, & Corn Soup
- 1Put the chicken strips, chicken stock, and heavy cream into a large saucepan and bring to a boil over a low heat. Reduce the heat slightly and simmer for about 20 minutes. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Meanwhile, cook the vermicelli in lightly salted boiling water for 10-12 minutes, until just tender. Drain the pasta and keep warm.
- 3In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and milk to make a smooth paste. Stir the cornstarch paste into the soup until thickened. Add the corn and vermicelli to the pan and heat through.
- 4Transfer the soup to a warm tureen or individual soup bowls, garnish with scallions, if desired, and serve immediately.