Chicken Corn Chowder
How to Make Chicken Corn Chowder
- 1Place the chicken wings, water and salt in a soup kettle.
- 2Bring to rolling boil, and remove any froth which may gather on top.
- 3Reduce heat to simmer and cook covered for 1 1/2 hours.
- 4Strain soup and allow the chicken wings to cool, remove the meat from the bones.
- 5Discard the bones and the skin.
- 6Return the meat to the broth and again place over the heat.
- 7Bring to a simmer again and add the corn and black pepper, add 1/2 c milk and cornstarch to thicken to your liking
- 8Cook for 15 minutes longer.
- 9Stir in the chopped parsley just before serving.
- 10Do not cover after the addition of the parsley or you will spoil its bright green color.
- 11Serve piping hot with oyster crackers.