Chicken Corn Chowder
How to Make Chicken Corn Chowder
- Place the chicken wings, water and salt in a soup kettle.
- Bring to rolling boil, and remove any froth which may gather on top.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook covered for 1 1/2 hours.
- Strain soup and allow the chicken wings to cool, remove the meat from the bones.
- Discard the bones and the skin.
- Return the meat to the broth and again place over the heat.
- Bring to a simmer again and add the corn and black pepper, add 1/2 c milk and cornstarch to thicken to your liking
- Cook for 15 minutes longer.
- Stir in the chopped parsley just before serving.
- Do not cover after the addition of the parsley or you will spoil its bright green color.
- Serve piping hot with oyster crackers.