Chicken Corn Chowder
6 slicebacon, cubed
2chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
2 mediumonions, diced
2 largepotatoes, cubed
1 pkgcorn, frozen
32 ozchicken broth
·salt and pepper to taste
2 cshredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Chicken Corn Chowder
- In a large saucepan, saute the cubed bacon over medium heat until almost crisp.
- Spoon off the liquid fat if any.
- Add the broth, chicken, onion and potatoes.
- Cook, stirring until the vegetables are tender, about 12 - 15 minutes.
- Stir in the corn.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Crush the crackers and add them and the cream to the above.
- Stir until the chowder starts to thicken, about 4 minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cheese that has been tossed with the flour. This acts as a life preserver for the cheese and keeps it from clumping at the bottom.
- Serve warm and enjoy!!