Chicken Corn Chowder
- 6 slice
- bacon, cubed
- chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 2 medium
- onions, diced
- 2 large
- potatoes, cubed
- 1 pkg
- corn, frozen
- 32 oz
- chicken broth
- 4 c
- saltine crackers
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Chicken Corn Chowder
- 1In a large saucepan, saute the cubed bacon over medium heat until almost crisp.
- 2Spoon off the liquid fat if any.
- 3Add the broth, chicken, onion and potatoes.
- 4Cook, stirring until the vegetables are tender, about 12 - 15 minutes.
- 5Stir in the corn.
- 6Bring the mixture to a boil.
- 7Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, about 2 - 3 minutes.
- 8Crush the crackers and add them and the cream to the above.
- 9Stir until the chowder starts to thicken, about 4 minutes.
- 10Add the salt and pepper.
- 11Stir in the cheese that has been tossed with the flour. This acts as a life preserver for the cheese and keeps it from clumping at the bottom.
- 12Serve warm and enjoy!!