Chicken Broth ...from left over roast, bones & chicken
Nancy J. Patrykus
Use to start soups......etc
- 2 lb
- chicken, backs, necks,bones and/or wings
- 8 c
- 2 small
- onions, quartered
- 1 c
- celery, chopped with tops
- 1/2 c
- carrots, sliced
- 2 tsp
- parsley, fresh and chopped
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- bay leaf, optional
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Chicken Broth ...from left over roast, bones & chicken
- 1In 5-quart dutch oven, combine chicken and water; Bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat; simmer partially covered 30 minutes.
- 3Skim off any scum that rises to surface.
- 4Add remaining ingredients except 1/2 teaspoon salt; simmer partially covered an additional 4 hours.
- 5Remove bones; strain broth.
- 6Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt; cool uncovered in refrigerator.
- 7Cover; store in refrigerator or freezer.
- 8Skim fat from broth before using in recipe.