Chicken Broth ...from left over roast, bones & chicken
Nancy J. Patrykus
Use to start soups......etc
2 lbchicken, backs, necks,bones and/or wings
2 smallonions, quartered
1 ccelery, chopped with tops
1/2 ccarrots, sliced
2 tspparsley, fresh and chopped
1bay leaf, optional
How to Make Chicken Broth ...from left over roast, bones & chicken
- In 5-quart dutch oven, combine chicken and water; Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer partially covered 30 minutes.
- Skim off any scum that rises to surface.
- Add remaining ingredients except 1/2 teaspoon salt; simmer partially covered an additional 4 hours.
- Remove bones; strain broth.
- Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt; cool uncovered in refrigerator.
- Cover; store in refrigerator or freezer.
- Skim fat from broth before using in recipe.