Chicken - Broccoli - Potato Chowder/Soup by Maggie
Serve it with a nice crusty piece of garlic bread and maybe a glass of wine and you are set !
I used rotisserie chicken in this recipe. But you can use any cooked chicken. I would imagine that a smoked chicken would take this to a whole new level !
I like to buy rotisserie chicken once in a while as there are so many recipes that need a little bit of chicken ... rotisserie is already cooked, about the same price as an uncooked chicken and if you are like me you can take that 1 chicken and make about 4 meals from it.
1 Tbspchopped onion
1stalk celery sliced very thin
1 cmushrooms - sliced
2 tspbetter than boullian chicken flavor
1 cfinely diced potato
1 cbroccoli florets and stems - chopped
1 ccooked chicken - cut into bite size pieces
1 csharp cheddar cheese - shredded
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Chicken - Broccoli - Potato Chowder/Soup by Maggie
- In 2-quart pot melt your butter.
Add the mushroom slices and saute until they begin to caramelize.
Then add the celery and onion and cook until they are tender.
Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 cup water to your pot then stir in the Better Than Boullian chicken. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add your potatoes to the boiling water and cook until almost done then add the broccoli and cook until just tender.
Watch your water level. Do not let it boil to dry .. add small amount of water if needed.
Do not drain.
- Sprinkle the flour over your potatoes and broccoli and stir well to incorporate.
Then add the mushroom mixture and the chopped chicken and stir.
- Now add your milk all at once and stir.
Reduce heat and continue stirring to thicken slightly - about a minute or two is all.
Add cheese and stir until just melted.
- Remove from heat, ladle into bowls or mugs and top with salt and pepper as desired.
This is delicious served with garlic croutons or even crumbled cooked bacon as a garnish.