Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
1 lbcooked, boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 Tbspfinely chopped onion
2 ccooked wild rice
1/2 tspcrushed rosemary
1 Tbspfresh, chopped flat leaf parsley
1 cloveminced garlic
to tastesalt & pepper
8 cchicken broth
2 Tbspall purpose flour
How to Make Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Peel and slice the carrots
- DIce the tomato.
- De-string and slice the celery
- Mince the clove of garlic
- Finely chop the onion
- In a large pot, melt the butter.
- Add the carrots, onion, garlic and celery. Saute until almost tender, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the veggies, stirring constantly.
- Cook 3 more minutes until just starting to brown
- Add rosemary, thyme, parsley, salt & pepper .
- Add the broth, water and chicken and rice to the pot. Stir to mix. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with crusty bread.