Chicken And Turkey Sausage Gumbo
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 lbchicken, cut up
1/2 lbturkey sausage
1/2 cbell pepper, finely chopped
1 tspred pepper, ground
1/2 cgreen onions, finely chopped
2 conions, finely chopped
1/2 ccelery, finely chopped
2 Tbspparsley, fresh and chopped
How to Make Chicken And Turkey Sausage Gumbo
- Remove the skin, fat and wings from the chicken and discard.
- Spray the inside of as large skillet with non fat cooking spray and place over high heat.
- Brown the chicken, turning often; Remove the skillet from the heat and move the chicken pieces to a platter.
- Add 1 cup of the water to the skillet, scraping the bottom to loosen all of the browned bits; Return the chicken to the skillet and set aside.
- Place the remaining 8 cups of water in a 5 quart dutch oven over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken and pan juices, along with the rest of the ingredients, except for the green onions and the parsley.
- Cook, uncovered, 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the onions and the parsley and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving.