chicken and slicks
I then found then in the frozen food section..in Knoxville, TN...haven't looked in FLA yet !!
I am assuming you all know how to make the chicken...so i just added all the steps...if you don't know how to make the chicken, just let me know.
1/3 cup1/3 cup cooled chicken broth (add an ice cube to cool)
2 tbsvegetable oil, unless broth has lots of fat, may need a little less
2 cupsall purpose flour
·butter, flour and 1/4 cup whipping cream to finish
How to Make chicken and slicks
- Put flour in a bowl and slowly add beaten eggs, chicken broth, oil, and salt into center, mixing it into the flour with a fork. Keep mixing until it forms a ball. Knead dough in the bowl a couple of times to form a nice soft ball. Dough shouldn’t be sticky. Add more flour if needed. Refrigerate dough for a couple of hours.
- Divide the dough in half. Spread a newspaper on the counter, flour the paper and roll the dough on the paper until it is very thin. With a knife, cut the dough into strips about 1 inch wide. Then cut the strips into ~5 inch pieces. Let the dumplings sit for a while (10-15 minutes) to dry. Repeat with second half of dough
- Remove skin and bones from cooling chicken and discard. Tear chicken into bite sized pieces using two forks and set aside until ready to add back to pot.
- Bring broth to simmer. Gently slip the dumpling strips into simmering broth and let them cook for about fifteen minutes. Don’t stir, but you may have to separate dumplings as you’re adding with the end of a wooden spoon.
- To thicken broth, add two tablespoons room temperature butter to two tablespoons flour and combine well. Add to simmering broth and dumplings and stir to thicken, along with one-fourth cup whipping cream.
- Add chicken to broth and dumplings. Turn heat to low. When chicken is heated through, serve in bowls and enjoy!