Chicken and Sausage Stew1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 lbchicken, broiler-fryer
2 lbitalian sausage, hot
2garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbspparsley, fresh and chopped
1 tspdried oregano
16 oztomatoes, crushed
8 oztomato sauce
8 ozmacaroni, cooked
·"just a pinch" of salt
·"just a pinch" of pepper
How to Make Chicken and Sausage Stew
- Place chicken and water in a large kettle; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until chicken nearly falls from the bones.
- Remove chicken from stock.
- Chill stock.
- Remove chicken from bones and cube; set aside.
- Puncture skins of sausages; cover with water in a small saucepan and boil until fully cooked, 20-30 minutes.
- Drain; pan-fry sausages until browned.
- Cool and cut into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- In a dutch oven, cook bacon until crisp; Drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings.
- Cool and crumble bacon; set aside.
- In the drippings, saute' garlic.
- Skim fat from the chicken stock; add 5 cups to dutch oven.
- Add chicken, sausage, bacon, parsley and oregano; Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, macaroni, salt and pepper; simmer 10 minutes more.