Chicken and Sausage Stew1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3 lb
- chicken, broiler-fryer
- 2 qt
- 2 lb
- italian sausage, hot
- 6 slice
- garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp
- parsley, fresh and chopped
- 1 tsp
- dried oregano
- 16 oz
- tomatoes, crushed
- 8 oz
- tomato sauce
- 8 oz
- macaroni, cooked
- "just a pinch" of salt
- "just a pinch" of pepper
How to Make Chicken and Sausage Stew
- 1Place chicken and water in a large kettle; bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat; cover and simmer until chicken nearly falls from the bones.
- 3Remove chicken from stock.
- 4Chill stock.
- 5Remove chicken from bones and cube; set aside.
- 6Puncture skins of sausages; cover with water in a small saucepan and boil until fully cooked, 20-30 minutes.
- 7Drain; pan-fry sausages until browned.
- 8Cool and cut into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- 9In a dutch oven, cook bacon until crisp; Drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings.
- 10Cool and crumble bacon; set aside.
- 11In the drippings, saute' garlic.
- 12Skim fat from the chicken stock; add 5 cups to dutch oven.
- 13Add chicken, sausage, bacon, parsley and oregano; Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- 14Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, macaroni, salt and pepper; simmer 10 minutes more.