Cheesy Tortilla Soup with Fried Tortilla Strips
Diane Hopson Smith
Hope you enjoy as much as we did!
1 lbboneless chicken breast, cut in to bite size pieces
1 mediumbell pepper, chopped
1 mediumonion, chopped
2 clovegarlic, minched
1 can(s)(10-oz) can rotel tomatoes (i used original)
1(14-oz) bag frozen corn
5 cchicken stock
1/2 tspchili powder
·salt and pepper to taste (i used salt sense)
1 lbvelveeta cheese, cubed
·monterey jack cheese, shredded
·flour tortillas, sliced and fried to a crispy golden brown
How to Make Cheesy Tortilla Soup with Fried Tortilla Strips
- Combine all ingredients except for the velveeta cheese, monterey jack cheese and the fried tortilla strips in a crock pot. I used a 4 quart crock pot for this recipe.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Stir in cubed velveeta that last 20 minutes of cooking time.
- Cut tortilla's into strips; fry in vegetable oil over medium high heat until a light golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Once velveeta has melted; spoon soup into bowls. Garnish with monterey jack cheese and fried tortilla strips.
You can season tortilla strips with favorite seasoning, salt or leave plain.
If you like a spicer soup, add the "hot" rotel or add a diced jalapeno or do both.