Celery, Potato and Chicken Skillet Stew1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbred potatoes, cut in 3/4" pieces
1/2 ccelery, tops only, chopped
1 Tbspvegetable oil
12 ozchicken breasts, boneless and skinless cut in 1" pieces
1 cred bell pepper, chopped
3 Tbsptomato paste
1/2 tspdried rosemary, crushed
·"just a pinch" of salt
How to Make Celery, Potato and Chicken Skillet Stew
- Bring 1 quart water to a boil in medium saucepan over high heat then add potatoes, 1 cup celery and 1/4 cup celery leaves.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer, covered 7-8 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain, reserving cooking liquid and vegetables separately.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, bell pepper and remaining 1 cup celery.
- Cook, stirring constantly, 6-7 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in tomato paste, rosemary, sugar, black pepper and 2 cups reserved celery liquid.
- Bring to a boil; cook until sauce thickens, about 4 minutes.
- Add reserved potatoes and celery.
- Season to taste with salt and sprinkle with remaining celery leaves.