Celery, Potato and Chicken Skillet Stew1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1 lb
- red potatoes, cut in 3/4" pieces
- 2 c
- 1/2 c
- celery, tops only, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 12 oz
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless cut in 1" pieces
- 1 c
- red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 Tbsp
- tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp
- dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- "just a pinch" of salt
How to Make Celery, Potato and Chicken Skillet Stew
- 1Bring 1 quart water to a boil in medium saucepan over high heat then add potatoes, 1 cup celery and 1/4 cup celery leaves.
- 2Reduce heat to medium and simmer, covered 7-8 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 3Drain, reserving cooking liquid and vegetables separately.
- 4Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Add chicken, bell pepper and remaining 1 cup celery.
- 6Cook, stirring constantly, 6-7 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 7Stir in tomato paste, rosemary, sugar, black pepper and 2 cups reserved celery liquid.
- 8Bring to a boil; cook until sauce thickens, about 4 minutes.
- 9Add reserved potatoes and celery.
- 10Season to taste with salt and sprinkle with remaining celery leaves.