Caldo De Pollo (Chicken Soup)
- 3 - 4 pound chicken, cut into pieces, skinned
- 2 qt
- chicken broth or water
- chili peppers, anaheim or new mexico
- 2 large
- potatoes, cubed
- 2 - 3
- ears corn, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium
- onion, quartered
- zucchini, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- ribs celery, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- carrots, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic. chopped
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
- 1/3 c
- fresh cilantro, finely chopped
How to Make Caldo De Pollo (Chicken Soup)
- 1In a large pot, cover chicken breasts with broth and bring to a boil. Add water if necessary so that liquid covers chicken by 1 inch.
- 2Cook for 15 minutes, skimming off any fat that floats to the surface.
- 3Add seeded and diced chiles (be sure to wear rubber gloves and don't touch your face).
- 4Add potatoes, corn, onion, celery, carrots and seasonings. Reduce heat, cover pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 5Add zucchini and adjust salt and pepper, if necessary. Continue simmering until vegetables are tender.