Asparagus & Sesame Chicken Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 lb
- 3 Tbsp
- sesame oil
- 6 slice
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 c
- warm water
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 c
- mushrooms, drained
- bunch of fresh asparagus
How to Make Asparagus & Sesame Chicken Soup
- 1Preparation: Rinse chicken, remove fat pockets, pat dry, and chop into bite-size pieces.
- 2Wash and cut asparagus into 2" sections.
- 3NOTE: If tempted to use breast meat without bones, please don't; bones add to body and flavor of soup.
- 4Peel and slice ginger root.
- 5Wash and cut asparagus into 2" sections.
- 6Braising: Heat wok to medium hot then add sesame oil and start braising chicken a few pieces at a time when oil begins to smell.
- 7Sesame oil will burn at lower temperature than other cooking oils, so avoid hot wok.
- 8After browning lightly, return chicken pieces to wok; add ginger slices, sherry and salt.
- 9When sherry boils, add water and sugar.
- 10Turn up heat, bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 11Add mushrooms and asparagus, simmer for another 15 minutes.
- 12Transfer to covered soup tureen (or put plate on top of soup bowl), place in steamer on low, and hold until ready to serve.