Amish-Style Chicken And Corn Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 qtchicken stock
1/4 conions, coarsely chopped
1/2 ccarrots, coarsely chopped
1/2 ccelery, coarsely chopped
1 tspsaffron, optional
3/4 ccorn kernels, fresh or frozen
1/2 ccelery, finely chopped
1 Tbspparsley, fresh and chopped
1 cegg noodles, cooked and drained
How to Make Amish-Style Chicken And Corn Soup
- Combine stewing hen with chicken stock, coarsely chopped onions, carrots, celery, and saffron threads.
- Bring the stock to a simmer and let cook for about 1 hour, skimming the surface as necessary.
- Remove and reserve the stewing hen until cool enough to handle then pick the meat from the bones.
- Cut into little pieces.
- Strain the saffron broth through a fine sieve.
- NOTE: The soup can be made through this step in advance.
- Simply refrigerate broth and diced chicken meat for 2 to 3 days, or freeze the broth and the chicken meat in separate containers.
- To use, defrost, remove congealed fat, return the broth full boil, and add the diced meat.
- Continue with recipe.
- Add the corn, celery, parsley, and cooked noodles to the broth.
- Return the soup to a simmer and serve immediately.