American-Oriental Chicken Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 6 c
- chicken stock
- 1 slice
- ginger, julienned
- bunch of green onions, cut into 1/2
- celery stalks cut diagonally in thin slices
- 2 c
- chicken, cooked and torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 1 tsp
- hoisin sauce
- 8 oz
- water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- "just a pinch" of salt
- "just a pinch" of pepper
How to Make American-Oriental Chicken Soup
- 1Put the chicken stock in a soup pot and set over high heat.
- 2Add the ginger, green onions and celery; Bring to the boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- 3Add the chicken, soy sauce and hoisin sauce and simmer 5 minutes.
- 4Add the water chestnuts.
- 5Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper; Serve hot.
- 6This freezes fine for a leftover.