Southwestern Meatball Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3/4 lbground beef
3/4 lbground pork
1/3 clong grain rice
1egg, slightly beaten
1 tspdried oregano
·salt and pepper to taste
1 mediumonion, minced
1garlic clove, crushed
2 Tbspsalad oil
1/2 ctomato paste
10 cbeef broth
1/2 ccoriander, fresh and minced
How to Make Southwestern Meatball Soup
- Combine beef, pork, rice, egg, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste) in a large bowl.
- Shape into small balls, about the size of golf balls.
- Saute onion and garlic in heated oil in a large kettle until tender.
- Mix in tomato paste.
- Add broth; season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add meatballs and reduce heat.
- Cook slowly, covered, about 30 minutes, until meatballs are cooked.
- Stir in coriander or parsley.