Shar's Hearty Beef Vegetable Soup
- 2lb bag(s)
- frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef 90% lean
- 5-6 medium
- russet potatoes, peeled and sliced thickly in chunks
- 1 1/2 c
- yellow onion chopped
- 1 1/2 c
- celery chopped with a few leaves
- 4-5 small
- fresh carrots sliced in rounds
- beef boullion cubes dissolved in hot water
- 32 oz
- carton of vegetable broth
- season with salt and pepper and your fav herbs, i used a little oregano, bay seasoning and a bit of garlic powder
- 1/2 c
- white wine , whatever you like (optional)
- 3/4 stick
- unsalted butter
How to Make Shar's Hearty Beef Vegetable Soup
- 1You will need a large 5 quart Dutch Oven or soup pot, I love my Le Creuset cast iron dutch oven lined with porcelain, nothing cooks better and maintains an even heat as well.
Prep all your fresh veggies first.
- 2Saute your ground beef until grayish in color. Then Add the bouillion cube liquid and all the vegetable broth.
Add all the fresh and frozen vegetables and enough hot water to come to about 1 inch from the top of a 5 quart pot.
- 3Season with a generous amount of Kosher salt and some black pepper and any other dried herbs you like. (Go easy with dried herbs) Bring to a boil, stirring frequently to mix, then reduce heat to low ,Add the wine (if using) and cover. Cook about 1 1/2 hours. 15 minutes before it is done stir in the butter to give it a rich taste.
Serve with crusty French Bread and butter.