Saturday Beef Stew1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1.5 pkg
- shin beef, sliced 3/4" thick
- 2 oz
- flour, seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic salt
- 1 oz
- cooking oil or fat
- 2 large
- 1 pt
- 2 Tbsp
- tomato puree
- 1 lb
- 1 lb
How to Make Saturday Beef Stew
- 1Trim fat and outer skin from beef.
- 2Cut into 1 - 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- 3Toss in seasoned flour to coat, then brown in hot oil or fat.
- 4Add roughly chopped onions.
- 5Sprinkle in any remaining seasoned flour.
- 6Add hot stock and tomato puree to the pan and bring to the boil.
- 7Transfer to a large casserole, cover and place in a 300 degree oven.
- 8Peel carrots and potatoes.
- 9Leave whole or cut in half (lengthwise for carrots) if very large.
- 10Add to casserole and sprinkle with salt.
- 11Re-cover and cook until meat is very tender - 3 to 4 hours.