Saturday Beef Stew1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1.5 pkgshin beef, sliced 3/4" thick
2 ozflour, seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic salt
1 ozcooking oil or fat
2 Tbsptomato puree
How to Make Saturday Beef Stew
- Trim fat and outer skin from beef.
- Cut into 1 - 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Toss in seasoned flour to coat, then brown in hot oil or fat.
- Add roughly chopped onions.
- Sprinkle in any remaining seasoned flour.
- Add hot stock and tomato puree to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Transfer to a large casserole, cover and place in a 300 degree oven.
- Peel carrots and potatoes.
- Leave whole or cut in half (lengthwise for carrots) if very large.
- Add to casserole and sprinkle with salt.
- Re-cover and cook until meat is very tender - 3 to 4 hours.