This was served to us with homemade sweet potato biscuits and warm spiced cider, in an outdoor, Fall decorated/candlelight deck setting.. Was very lovely and VERY delish!!
2 lbbeef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
3 Tbspvegetable oil, divided
3 largepotatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
4 mediumcarrots, sliced
1 largegreen bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
4garlic cloves, minced
1 mediumonion, chopped
1/2 tspblack pepper
2 Tbspbeef bouillon granules
1 can(s)(14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1pumpkin (10-12 pounds)
How to Make Pumpkin Stew
- In a Dutch oven, brown meat in 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- Add water, potatoes, carrots, green pepper, garlic, onion, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Stir in bouillon and tomatoes.
- Wash pumpkin; cut a 6- to 8-inch circle around top stem. Remove top and set aside; discard seeds and loose fibers from inside.
- Place pumpkin in a shallow sturdy baking pan. Brush outside of pumpkin with remaining vegetable oil.
- Spoon stew into pumpkin and replace the top.
- Bake at 325* for 2 hours or just until pumpkin is tender (Do not overbake)
- Serve stew from pumpkin, scooping out a little pumpkin with each serving.