- 1 lb
- ground beef or 1/2 beef, 1/2 ital sausage
- 2-3 Tbsp
- olive oil or butter to saute
- 1 c
- chopped onion
- 8 c
- chicken broth
- 1 c
- carrots, celery, potatoes & leeks if desired
- bay leaf
- basil, dried
How to Make My Autumn Soup
- 1In a large pot saute onion, chopped up carrots, celery & leeks in oil or butter until soft.
- 2Add potatoes & meat. Cook until meat is browned.
- 3Add rice or noodles, chicken broth, basil & bay leaf & cook 1 to 2 hours.
- 4Add salt & red pepper flakes to taste if desired. Serve with croutons or crackers or bread & butter.