It is so easy and delicious. Sometimes I clean out the veggie drawer chopping whatever veggies I have on hand, (celery, carrots, onions, potatoes etc) and adding instead of the mixed veggies. Equally delicious. Sometimes I even put a can of petite diced tomatoes in when I am adding the fresh veggies along with a couple of pinches of dried thyme. Enjoy
- package of frozen meatballs (or a batch of your favorite homemade meatballs fully, cooked
- 1 /2 pkg
- frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 pkg
- dried onion soup mix (only use 1 envelope)
- 1/2 pkg
- wide noodles
- 3 can(s)
- beef broth
- 6-8 c
- seasonings of your choice, i use bay leaf, parsley flakes, garlic & onion powder, no salt mixed herb blend, pepper
- crusty bread to serve with it
- olive oil for drizzling & parmesan cheese grated
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Meatball soup
- 1In big soup pot, add all of the ingredients,(EXCEPT NOODLES, OLIVE OIL, PARMESAN CHEESE AND BREAD) stirring well. Bring to boil then turn heat down and simmer for about an hour to and hour and 1/2. (Just a note if using fresh veggies see note,WAIT TO ADD THE MEATBALLS) & simmer for about an hour then add the meatballs and simmer for about 30 minutes more then proceed with recipe.
- 2Turn heat back up and bring to a rolling boil, add noodles and cook until noodles are done. Sometimes I have to add a little more water cause I tend to like lots of noodles so before I add the noodles I check the fluid level and also I taste for correct seasonings because you want the noodles to absorb the yummy broth flavor.
- 3Serve with a little grated parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil (both are optional). I like to serve with bread but crackers will work fine too.