Meat and Potato Stew1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 2.5 lb
- round steak or top round, cut into 1" cubes
- 6 oz
- can tomato paste
- 8 large
- potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- red or white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Meat and Potato Stew
- 1Heat olive oil in 6 quart pot; add beef, salt, pepper and oregano.
- 2Brown well.
- 3Add tomato paste, wine and water until meat is almost covered.
- 4Mix liquids well until gravy thickens slightly.
- 5Simmer 45 minutes.
- 6Add potatoes and simmer until fork tender, stirring occasionally about 15-20 minutes.
- 7Serve hot with fresh Italian bread.