One of my favorite dinners is steak, stewed tomatoes, and rice. One day I had some leftovers and it just wasn't enough to make another meal so I decided to put them all together and make a soup. It turned out better than I had expected. Now I make it the next day after having my favorite dinner. To me it is comfort food. I hope you enjoy it as well.
- leftover steak
- leftover stewed tomatoes (with the juice)
- leftover rice (white or brown; both work)
- beef broth (as much or as little as you want/need)
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Leftover Soup
- 1Take the leftover steak and cut into small/bite size pieces. Put in a pot with enough beef broth to cover. Simmer for about 10 minutes to heat the meat and make it tender.
- 2Add the stewed tomatoes with its juice and the rice. Stir and simmer for about 10-15 minutes to heat everything through.
- 3If it is too thick add more beef broth to just thin it out. Add salt and pepper to taste.