★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbhamburger or chopped meat
1 smallwhite onion, chopped
3 Tbspgarlic, minced
2 Tbspolive oil
1-2 pkgfrozen mixed veggies
3 Tbspknorr tomato bouillon
1 chearty macaroni, dry
1-2 tspeach-dry-- basil, oregano, parsley, rosemary, and any other herbs you like
How to Make Hamburger soup
- Into a stock pot place the minced onion in the oil and butter to cook til tender; add the meat and brown, stirring in the garlic. Add water to cover. Stir in the tomato bouillon and any herbs you wish to add. Cook over a med heat for 20 mins
- After the meat and spices have cooked for the 20 mins add frozen veggies and more water if necessary. (Reminder- if you need to add water check your broth you may need to add more of the bouillon).
- 20 min's before dinner time add the macaroni and stir to make sure the macaroni doesn't sink and stick, stir occasionally til macaroni is done. Just before serving add a teaspoon of butter and a little of any herbs and/or spices you used.
- We like to have this with fresh crescent rolls that I'll add a half of a slice of cheese before rolling.
- I've made this soup adding beef gravy mix for more of a beef flavor.
add fresh diced tomato just before serving for more sweetness
add sour cream for more of a tang
add shredded cheese for saltiness and creaminess