This recipe makes a LOT but it freezes well either in individual servings or for one or two more meals. There are three of us and we can usually eat it about three or four times before it's gone.
My husband likes it with his 'biscuit garlic rounds' (pictured). I will post those one day soon when I have a few minutes.
4 qttomatoes, canned and chopped, with liquid
1 can(s)tomato soup, family size
1 can(s)mixed vegetables - institutional size
2 can(s)cut green beans
2 can(s)potatoes, small and whole
·salt and pepper
How to Make Hamburger Soup
- Brown hamburger; pour off grease.
- Add tomatoes. I use home-canned tomatoes - YUMMO!
- Drain mixed vegetables, corn, and green beans, then add to soup.
NOTE: If you can't find the institutional size mixed vegetables, use 4 large (28 oz) cans.
- Drain potatoes; slice in 1/2 or in 1/4, whichever size you like best, then add to soup. (You can add the water from one or two cans if you want the soup thinner),
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for about 1 hour, stirring often to make sure soup doesn't stick to pan.
- Serve with hot rolls, garlic bread, crackers, grilled cheese, or my favorite - plain old bread and butter!