Hamburger Cabbage Soup
- 3 can(s)
- Tomatoes 15 oz. diced whole or sliced
- 1 1/2 lb
- Medium to large head of Cabbage
- 1 Tbsp
- Oregano, dried
- 1 Tbsp
- Basil, dried
- 2 Tbsp
- Medium Onion diced
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 can(s)
- Water 15 oz. each
How to Make Hamburger Cabbage Soup
- 1Cook Hamburger in frying pan and chop, leave coarse. Add chopped onion near end of cooking. Drain hamburger and reserve and utilize 3 or 4 tablespoons of the juices.
- 2In 4 quart soup pot put in Tomatoes and one 15 oz. can of water. Chop raw cabbage to about the size of a nickle and add to tomatoes. Add Oregano and Basil, or substitute 2 tablespoon Italian Seasoning. Add 2 tablespoons Butter. Add cooked Hamburger and Onions and dash of Salt and Pepper.
- 3Cook and low simmer for one hour. Add additional can of water 15 minutes before end of cooking. Test Cabbage for tenderness, when tender soup is done.
- 4If you like Cabbage this is a good Chili alternative. It's always a hit at our house.
- 5Note: The ingredients could be prepared in a a crock pot after Hamburger is cooked.