Hamburger Barley Vegetable Soup
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 1/4 lb
- ground chuck
- 1 small
- onion, diced
- 1 small
- green bell pepper, diced
- envelope beef flavoring (from a 2.82 ounce box)
- 20 ounce can crushed tomatoes (or tomato puree)
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 12 ounce bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 14 ounce can beef broth
- 1/2 c
- quick cooking barley
How to Make Hamburger Barley Vegetable Soup
- 1In a large Dutch oven oner medium heat, cook the ground chuck until it looses it's pink color. Drain and add the onion and green pepper. Cookk for an additional 5 minutes.
- 2Add the beef flavoring and mix well. Add the crushed tomatoes and diced tomatoes. Stir and bring to a simmer.
- 3Add the mixed vegetables and beef broth. Stir and bring to a simmer. Let cook for 5 minutes and add the barley.
- 4Return to simmer, lower heat, cover and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until barley is cooked through, stirring often.