Great Vegetable Summer (or Winter) Soup
You can add anything you want to add, or leave out anything you do not want to add.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1pound hamburger meat
1/2medium onion, chopped, vidalia is my suggestion
115 oz. can of corn, undrained + 1 can of water
115 oz. can of peas, undrained + 1 can of water
115 oz. can lesueur tender baby carrots, undrained + 1 can of water
115 oz. can chopped stewed tomatoes, undrained + 1 can or water
18 oz. can tomato sauce w/mushrooms, or 1 can of plain tomato sauce, undrained + 1 can of water
2tablespoons worcestershire sauce
·optional - to your taste: tabasco sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder
·other suggestions: lima beans, diced potatoes, chopped cabbage, but do not add until end of cooking, or could add 1/2 to 1 bag frozen okra, added last 15 minutes of cooking time.
How to Make Great Vegetable Summer (or Winter) Soup
- In a large soup pot, brown/saute 1 pound hamburger meat, sausage, and chopped onions.
- Add each of the canned ingredients (above) + 1 can each of water.
- Add Worcestershire Sauce.
- Add sugar.
- Add to your taste, Tabasco, salt, pepper, garlic powder.
- While bringing the mixture to a light boil, stir ingredients and juices for a couple of minutes.
- Once a light boiling point has been reached, cut the oven eye down to Simmer. Simmer for a minimum of 20 minutes. The longer this soup simmers, the more the flavors marry with one another.
- Excellent to serve with cornbread or Frito chips.
- Refrigerate leftovers, if there are any!