5 lbbeef tripe
3 lbpigs feet
2 Tbspfinely chopped cilantro
6 Tbspchili powder
11lp 13oz. can white hominy
2 cchopped onion
·extra finely chopped cilantro
2 Tbspcomplete seasonings
How to Make Delicious Menudo
- Cut tripe in small bite size pieces. Cut pigs feet in 2 in. Pieces (you can get these sliced by your butcher).
- Put meat in large pot with about 1 gallon of water and simmer together with salt, complete seasoning, garlic, and cilantro for about 4 hrs. or until tripe and pigs feet are tender.
- While cooking add more water if necessary and skim off white foam that forms on top.
- Add chili powder and hominy, and simmer the last 30 min. of cooking.
- Serve with lemon wedges, chopped onion, and cilantro.
- Great with cold drinks, friends and love! Enjoy delicious menudo!