1 conion, chopped
2 lbground beef
12 ozvelveeta cheese ( or store brand)
2 cchicken stock
2 chalf and half
1/4 cflour ( self rising or all purpose)
4 Tbspbutter, unsalted
2 clettuce (optional)
1/2 tspblack pepper
·salt to taste
How to Make Cheeseburger Soup
- Melt butter in pot ( use the same one you are planning to make the soup in ) add the onions and cook until browned slightly. Remove onions and set a side
- Cook ground beef until done, drain and st a side. On low add remaining butter into pot, when melted add in the flour and cook about 2 minutes, then slowly stir in chicken stock and black pepper.
- In a microwave safe bowl add the Velveeta ( cut into cubes it melts quicker) and the half & half. Microwave 1 1/2 to 2 minutes until cheese is melted. Slowly stir into the chicken stock , flour mix. Let this cook for a few minutes.
- Add the onions and ground beef back into the pot, simmer for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Ok now we get to the tomatoes and the lettuce. Here are a few options for that:
1) Add both right before serving and mix into soup.
2) just add the tomatoes and serve lettuce on the side or just leave the lettuce off if you want, it is optional.
3) Serve both on the side and add the amount you want when you want.
- I served ours on the side and we added the amount we wanted. My husband said he prefers it without the lettuce. I also made homemade croutons out of hamburger buns, served on top. Just butter the buns on all sides, cut into chunks and toast at 375 until browned the way you want.