Beefy Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 2 c
- chicken broth
- 1 pkg
- (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/4 c
- 1/4 lb
- ground beef
- 1 c
- 2 Tbsp
- all-purpose flour
- 1 c
- (4ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp
- chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and black pepper
- hot pepper sauce
How to Make Beefy Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 1Bring broth to a boil in medium saucepan. Add broccoli and onion; cook 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- 2Meanwhile, brown ground beef in small skillet 6 to 8 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring to break up meat. Drain fat. Gradually add milk to flour in small bowl, mixing until well blended. Add milk mixture and ground beef to broth mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- 3Add cheese and oregano; stir until cheese is melted. Season to taste with salt, black pepper and hot pepper sauce.