Beefy Broccoli & Cheese Soup
This recipe came from one of my cookbooks " Easy Home Cookin"
- 2 c
- chicken broth
- 1 pkg
- (10 oz) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/4 c
- chopped onion
- 1/4 lb
- ground beef
- 1 c
- 4 oz
- (1 cup) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp
- chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- hot pepper sauce, optional
How to Make Beefy Broccoli & Cheese Soup
- 1Bring broth to a boil in medium saucepan. Add broccoli and onion; cook 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- 2Meanwhile, brown ground beef in a small skillet; drain.
Gradually add milk to flour, mixing until well blended. Add milk mixture and ground beef to broth mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- 3Add cheese and oregano; stir until cheese is melted.
Season with salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce to taste.