Beef Short Rib Soup with Rice & Calabaza
I also use a pressure cooker often.
You can find Sazon seasoning packets in the GOYA section of the supermarket. (Spanish Foods)
- 1 lb
- beef short ribs (about 8 pieces)
- 2 c
- cut up squash
- 1/2 c
- medium grain rice
- 1/2 c
- sofrito (home made or store bought)
- knorr beef buillon cubes
- packets goya sazon con achiote
- 8 c
- water divided
How to Make Beef Short Rib Soup with Rice & Calabaza
- 1Rinse meat under cold running water
add to pressure cooker with 4 cups water and 1 beef buillion cube
- 2Cover closed..put on stove on medium heat, bring to pressure and let it go gently for 10 mins.
- 3Depressurize using cold water method, put pot back on stove, add the other 4 cups of water, rice, sofrito, 2nd buillon cube and Sazon packets. cook 10-15 mins, add squash and cook 10 mins. Serve.