Beef Raisen Soup
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 1/2 lbchuck roast
1 mediumonion -- halved and sliced
1 qtstewed tomatoes -- add juice from tomatoes also
1/2 craisins -- dark or light
·salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Beef Raisen Soup
- Cut chuck roast or other piece of beef to stew sized pieces. Braise in bottom of soup/stock pot in 2 tablespoons margarine or in beef fat.
- Add water and bring to boil. Skim off mud from top of pot.
- When clear add remaining ingredients, turn heat down to lowest setting. Cover and let simmer for 4 hours or until beef is tender.
- Cook one pound noodles of choice, such as elbow macaroni, shells, farfalle.
- Serve hot. For those who think the raisins are distasteful. They sweeten the broth and give it a different flavor. Raisins do not have to be eaten, but should be left in soup for flavor.