Beef Raisen Soup
- 2 1/2 lb
- chuck roast
- 1 medium
- onion -- halved and sliced
- 1 qt
- stewed tomatoes -- add juice from tomatoes also
- 1/2 c
- raisins -- dark or light
- 4 qt
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Beef Raisen Soup
- 1Cut chuck roast or other piece of beef to stew sized pieces. Braise in bottom of soup/stock pot in 2 tablespoons margarine or in beef fat.
- 2Add water and bring to boil. Skim off mud from top of pot.
- 3When clear add remaining ingredients, turn heat down to lowest setting. Cover and let simmer for 4 hours or until beef is tender.
- 4Cook one pound noodles of choice, such as elbow macaroni, shells, farfalle.
- 5Serve hot. For those who think the raisins are distasteful. They sweeten the broth and give it a different flavor. Raisins do not have to be eaten, but should be left in soup for flavor.