- 1/4 c
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb
- stew beef,cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 can(s)
- 16oz stewed tomatoes
- 2 c
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion (or a bit more to taste)
- 1 clove
- garlic,finely chopped
- beef bouillon cubes
- 1 tsp
- pumpkin pie spice
- 3 medium
- potatoes,cut into into about 1 inch cubes
- 2 1/2 c
- either pumpkin or hubbard squash,cut into about 1 inch
How to Make Beef-Pumpkin Stew
- 1Mix flour,paprika,salt and pepper and coat stew beef with this flour mixture.
Heat oil in Dutch oven.Add and cook beef in oil until nicely browned.
- 2Stir in all remaining ingredients EXCEPT.. the potatoes and.. your choice of either the pumpkin or squash.
Heat to a boiling point,then reduce heat,cover and simmer about 2 hours or until beef is almost tender.
- 3Lastly,stir in potatoes and pumpkin.
Cover and simmer about 30min's more,or until potatoes and pumpkin are tender and done.
- 4Ladle into soup bowls and enjoy with some homemade bread,corn bread,or whatever you want!
My family is a bit spoiled and often requests this be served with my homemade "My Mom's Best Anadama Bread" ..and preferably out of the oven not long before...because they are so spoiled!
Don't tell tho-I like it too!