Beef and Vegetable Stew1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb
- beef chuck, boneless and cut in 1" cubes
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- medium leek, bias cut 1 inch
- 1/2 c
- beef stock
- 1 can(s)
- tomato sauce, 8 ounces
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp
- dried basil
- medium carrots, bias cut 1 inch
- celery ribs, bias cut 1/2 inch
- 1 c
- tiny frozen peas, thawed
- salt and pepper
How to Make Beef and Vegetable Stew
- 1Heat the oil in the pressure cooker over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the meat and cook uncovered, turning, until well browned, 6 to 8 minutes.
- 3Sprinkle on the flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- 4Add the leek, beef stock, tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce and basil.
- 5Cover and bring to high pressure.
- 6Reduce heat to stabilize pressure and cook 10 minutes.
- 7Release pressure by running cold water over the cover.
- 8Add the carrots and celery.
- 9Cover and return pressure cooker to high pressure.
- 10Reduce heat and cook 5 minutes.
- 11Release pressure and add the peas.
- 12Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.